Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Jamaica's Spiritual, Covenant Map: Nationhood under God

A Jamaican sister and friend from childhood shares this with us:

_______________


Last week was Homecoming Week in Jamaica , hosted by Hands Across Jamaica for Righteousness. ( Yvonne Coke , thanks for being obedient and committed to this vision!) It was God-ordained that I should be home for that. I kept hearing about the MAP of Jamaica , and how it is a guide for us to follow . . . .

Well, I discovered that this had nothing to do with the geography I learned in school. The MAP is The Motto, The Anthem, and The Pledge!!

MOTTO

OUT OF MANY, ONE PEOPLE!

ANTHEM

Eternal Father, bless our land

Guard us with Thy mighty hand

Keep us free from evil powers

Be our Light through countless hours

To our leaders, great Defender,

Grant true wisdom from above.

Justice, truth be ours forever

Jamaica, land we love!

Teach us true respect for all

Stir response to duty’s call

Strengthen us the weak to cherish

Give us vision lest we perish

Knowledge send us, heavenly Father

Grant true wisdom from above

Justice, truth be ours forever

Jamaica, land we love!

PLEDGE

Before God and all mankind

I pledge

the love and loyalty of my heart

the wisdom and courage of my mind

the strength and vigour of my body in the service of my fellow citizens.

I promise to stand up for justice, brotherhood and peace

To work diligently and creatively

To think generously and honestly

So that Jamaica may, under God, increase in beauty, fellowship and prosperity

And play her part in advancing the welfare of the whole human race!

God decided long ago the times and the places where people would live, so that we would search for Him and find Him, even though He is not far from any one of us. (Acts 17:27) AWESOME!

Please pray with me that Jamaica will consult her MAP on a daily basis, and fulfill the pledge we have made before God and all the nations of this earth, to the very bottom line – until the whole earth is filled with the knowledge of the glory of God, even as the waters cover the sea!! (Habakkuk 2:14)

_____________

Oh, that we Jamaicans had but kept our covenant!

No comments: